Friday, September 12, 2014

Mini-Gamescom

Hi all,

Well, so far I've been fixing up Turtle: Invaders specifically for today. No, it's not being released--yet. However, there's a story behind this.

At the university I attend, a group of friends (including myself) started a gaming club. Now, this year it has grown into a bigger club. Wednesday was the first "official" meeting for this semester, and the reps were introduced (I'm the PC rep, by the way (I also like consoles, and am not biased about anything gaming-related)). So after that, my friend came over and asked what I was doing. I told him that I'd been working on Turtle: Invaders Android (fixing the controls, which are now fully fixed at this point), and that I still have yet to finish the computer version of it. He asked if he could play, so I said sure. I booted up the computer version, and my would-be suitemate for this year decided to join in. So it turned into a 2 player co-op situation. Soon enough other people came over and watched, and even they gave the game a chance! I'm actually quite happy people enjoyed the computer version. However, even though they did find some bugs (none game-breaking), it was still enjoyable. I've fixed those bugs for today, and that's what comes into the spotlight.

Today, at around 4:30pm EST is when the club will be meeting again, and I'm hoping that either:
  1. I can have others play on a projected screen (because 1920x1080 is clearly not enough)
  2. At least have more people try the game, with controllers!
Either one should be a good turnout, and maybe news of Turtle: Invaders will spread to those not in the club. Let's not go too far ahead of ourselves, though. Still no release date, but it's the debugging phase, where the programmer(s) squash all bugs in the game. That's good news, isn't it?

Until next time,

Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment