Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Update

Hi all,

I have had a great summer, and I hope you have too. I know I didn't get around to doing as many Turtle Tuesdays as I wanted, but I will keep trying to keep you all updated. Firstly, I would like to announce that Turtle: Invaders will have an Android OS port and maybe an iOS port (depending if LÖVE2D for iOS compiles soon). The ports will have the same code and almost the same amount of content* as the original counterpart. On my Galaxy S3 phone it runs nicely, and I'm still trying to optimize the game for the mobile devices since it was getting ~90 frames per second but now it's dropped between ~27 and ~37 frames. It's not bad, but it can be better. I'm thinking it must be something I did recently, but anyhow it shall be great. The ports have touchscreen controls and an "action" button. You can enter highscores using the OS keyboard.


On top of all this, some graphics were reworked. For example, the bats look a lot better than before as well as the Space Bat boss. The Phoenix was cleaned up a lot, and it's surely worth it.

This all said, I won't have a release date yet only because I'm terrible with release dates. Still, there's those that probably are dying to play this game, which is why I feel bad for delaying the new update for so long. However, I am confident to say that the game is close to finished. It's just about squashing bugs that appear. The Android port, however may take a bit more time due to the need to optimize it.

*Multiplayer (local) was cut with customizing the ship for custom characters, but it shouldn't be a big deal, I'd hope.

Until another update,

Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment